Spring Update 2017
6th Annual Bull Sale
Top Price: $14,000 (Lot 9, PicTured)
New Wattletop Sire
Wattletop Docklands M301 was purchased at the 2017 Wattletop Bull Sale at Guyra. M301 brings an outcross pedigree, excellent weight for age and a superb set of numbers.
May was a very busy month for us at Coffin Creek. Some highlights below:
- 1000+ paddock kilometres in the buggy checking Autumn cows
- 220 registered calves tagged and weighed
- 44 young bulls begin sale prep on the oat/rye crop
- 2 beautiful Wattletop matrons purchased at Lock's dispersal to average 11k
- 1 exciting stud sire Revenue M4 purchased from Booragul Angus for 35k in partnership with Knowla Livestock & Palgrove.
Autumn 2017 going well to say the least.
New Stud Sire Joins Coffin Creek Battery
We purchased Revenue M4 for $35,000 at the 2017 Booragul Angus Bull Sale in partnership with Knowla Livestock and Palgrove. A stand out young sire in our eyes, he will go to work in July 2017 in our Autumn calving herd. Revenue brings super length, balance and a fantastic set of carcase numbers.
Champion Pen - 2 Years in a Row
For the 2nd year in a row Coffin Creek females have won Champion Pen at the Mudgee Angus Breeders Sale. Congratulations to Jamie and Sarah Inglis who offered 16 PTIC heifers (Coffin Creek Bulls) at the 20th Annual MAB sale last Thursday. They sold to $2180 and took out the top prize. A great result!
Homegrown bulls making their mark
A particular highlight of the 2016 drop calves are the progeny of Coffin Creek Joker J202. They display excellent weight for age and a quiet disposition as well as a strong resemblance to their maternal grand dam Coffin Creek Abigail C22. Both Joker J202 and Abigail C22 are featured on this website.